We are currently navigating difficult, disruptive, and nearly-unprecedented times; all of us at Trains and Toy Soldiers are wishing you and yours health and safety. We are still open for business – give us a call to chat about trains, toy soldiers, or how you’re hanging in there.
HOBBIES AT HOME
Due to the nature of this pandemic, many of us are staying at home, working remotely, caring for children, and/or returning to old hobbies. In this shift away from business as usual, now may be a time that you rekindle a love for a hobby you cherished when you were younger. At Trains and Toy Soldiers, we have what you need to build a model airplane, car, or boat; we can help you create a diorama with toy soldiers and advise you on ShelfScapes backdrops; we’re here on the phone to chat or to find the soldier, figure, model, or train you’ve dreamed of. Have you always wanted to build a garden railroad, or a diorama on a historical event that has always fascinated you? Why not start now? Our family-run business is fully operational online and on the phone. We hope we can bring you a little joy by getting that perfect collectible, figurine, or scale model delivered straight to your doorstep (thanks to our amazing postal workers!).
To slow the spread of COVID-19, please wash your hands regularly, stay home if your work and health allow, and practice social distancing (keeping at least six feet between you and any person you have not been isolating with; when social distancing is not possible, try to wear a face mask or covering). It may be difficult to practice these measures of distancing and isolation, but they hugely reduce the spread of coronavirus and will save the lives of countless people. Even if you don’t have symptoms, you could still be carrying (and spreading) COVID-19, so do your part and stay home if you can to protect our community and ease the burden on healthcare workers. If you are an essential worker – a sanitation or janitorial worker, a grocery store employee, a postal worker, a medical staff member, or otherwise – thank you for all you are doing to fight this and keep us safe.
- Here is advice for the public from the World Health Organization during the COVID-19 outbreak: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/advice-for-public
- If you’re isolated with someone who is abusive or an instigator of domestic violence, the National Domestic Violence Hotline and other advocacy and support organizations are here: https://www.thehotline.org/help/ & 1-800-799-7233
- Looking for something to read at home? Support your local independent bookstores. Find what’s near you (and potentially open for online orders) here: https://www.indiebound.org/indie-bookstore-finder
- Read about how the postal service is suffering during coronavirus: https://www.npr.org/2020/04/08/828949609/youve-got-less-mail-the-postal-service-is-suffering-amid-the-coronavirus
- Is there a local café, business, store, theatre, restaurant, or other establishment that you love? Check out their website and see how you can support them during this time, either by purchasing merchandise/goods if you’re able, buying a gift certificate to use when things open up again, ordering something for delivery, or making a donation. If you can, support local businesses during this difficult time!